15 Years of LabelWorx
In 2007, LabelWorx was launched to solve the problems faced by a single independent digital label. Fast-forward 15 years and we are now the world’s largest independent digital distribution partner for electronic music artists and labels. It’s been an incredible journey and one that isn’t slowing down any time soon!
We’re now halfway through our busiest and most exciting year so far and we wanted to share a few of our highlights with you.
In case you missed it, LabelWorx has had a full makeover with a new logo, a fresh new look and a chance for us to reaffirm our core values that reflect the company we are today.
Head over to our Instagram to check out the new brand in action and look out for merch drops at the events our team attend.
Want to learn more about the results we can deliver? Our new website includes case studies from recent projects as well as information about our DSP network, the labels we work with and the industry-leading services we provide.
Emails are great, but being with you in person is better. After a challenging two years, we’re immersing ourselves in electronic music at every opportunity - see below for a selection of recent highlights.
- AIM Connected - LabelWorx hosted The Future of Distribution panel with panellists from Defected, Bandcamp and RightsHUB.
- SXSW - We co-hosted the International Managers SXSW Brunch at the British Music Embassy to mark our first time attending the iconic SXSW conference.
- Miami WMC - In March, we took over the backstage at The National for a full week of events from Camelphat, MK and Green Velvet.
- Brighton Music Conference - We powered a series of official events at BMC hosted by Lady of the House including an industry mixer and a pod party with Sam Divine.
- IMS Ibiza - As an official event sponsor, LabelWorx hosted a live case study with Ramin Rezaie from Solid Grooves Records to discuss optimising an independent record label.
- Sonar - Teaming up with Beatport and Loopcloud, our ‘Beats & Brunch’ industry mixer was a great opportunity to meet the teams and make plans for the rest of the year.
To keep track of the events our team will be attending, check the conferences section on our website, and make sure you keep your diary free for ADE in October because we’re pulling out all the stops for this year’s edition…
LabelWorx launched with just two employees based in the UK. Today, our international team of over 30 experts share a passionate understanding of electronic music that allows us to provide artists and labels with the best service and a clear route to success.
Whilst LabelWorx HQ is in the UK, we now have a global presence with staff based in North America, South America, Australia, South Africa, Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia. Each member of the team brings with them a wealth of knowledge about their local scene and a unique understanding on the trends, tastes and cultures which allow us to help labels optimise for success in every territory on Earth.
It’s been a busy six months and things aren’t slowing down any time soon. Alongside our continued commitment to providing industry-leading support to the artists and labels we work with, we are working on new marketing, promo and sync solutions to add to our suite of services, as well as significant improvements to the LabelWorx delivery system in general.
We’ll be front and centre at events all summer, as well as revealing more plans to celebrate our 15th anniversary. If you’re interested in collaborating on a project or want to meet our team at an event, make sure you get in touch. See you on the dance floor.