My Artist Name Is Already in Use on Beatport?
Unfortunately due to the way Beatport's system works you cannot have duplicate artist names. If you release under a name that already exists on Beatport, your content will appear on the already existing artist profile.
Either you change your name so it generates its own artist page or if you own the copyright to the name, then you can send a cease and desist letter to the infringing label and they will then change the other artist's name.
If you do not own the copyright to your artist's name, then you must reach an agreement with the infringing artist as to what they/you will change their/your name to.
How Often Do Release Features & DJ Chart Features Update on Beatport?
Release Features (Banners and New Release Tiles) update on a Friday and tend to include new releases from that day. This is another reason to set your release date for a Friday.
DJ Charts can update daily on the genre pages but banners on the DJ Chart section and home page get updated once a week.
How Often Does the Beatport Top 100 & Genre Top 100 Charts Updated?
The Beatport Top 100 and genre charts get updated every day based on the sales of the last 7 days.
How Do I Check How Many Subscribers My Label Has on Beatport?
You can view how many subscribers your label has on Beatport by completing the following steps:
- Select Labels > Record Labels on the Top menu.
- Click on the label you want to view subscribers of.
- Then under General Information you will see the Beatport Subscribers
What Is the Pricing Structure on Beatport?
Single Track Pricing
- $11.99 New Release Album 8-15 tracks
- $16.99 New Release Double Album 16-25 tracks
- $21.99 New Release Albums with tracks 26 or more
- $12.99 Exclusive New Release Album 8-15 tracks
- $17.99 Exclusive Double New Release 16-25 tracks
- $9.99 Back Catalog Album price
- $9.99 Continuous DJ Mixes New Single
- $14.99 Continuous DJ Mixes New Double
- $7.99 Continuous DJ Mixes Back Catalog Single
- $12.99 Continuous DJ Mixes Back Catalog Double
How Does Beatport Define Exclusivity?
Your track will be sold at a premium price point for the duration of the chosen exclusivity period of 2, 4 or 8 weeks.
The release is not exclusive unless it is only available for sale as a download on Beatport.com.
This means you can't have the following available in other download stores during the exclusive period:
- All edits: Extended version and radio edit
- Pre-orders on other retailers
- Licensed / re-released tracks that are already available for purchase
If you have any questions, please contact us via our Request Form.
How Do Releases Appear in the “Popular Releases” Section of My Beatport Label Page?
On your label page on Beatport, there is a Popular Releases section. This is based on full release sales of your catalogue over the last 6 months. It should highlight the currently best selling releases on your label.
How Can My Fans Re-Download a Purchased Track Which Has Had the Audio Updated on Beatport?
If one of your tracks has had the audio updated or replaced due to sound quality issues then it is possible for Beatport customers to download your updated version of the tracks.
Please advise these customers to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request their download is reset.
The Beatport customer support team will then be able to action this.