For information on how to create apple music playlists, please see this article.
Creating playlists best practices:
- Creating 4-5 playlists is the sweet spot. At least 2 should be “dynamic” playlists that are updated regularly and 2 static.
- Stay active on iTunes Connect. if you haven't got a Connect account, please see this article.
- Playlist length: 15-50 songs
- Each playlist needs a single theme that pulls the songs together.
- Pick playlist themes that feel authentic to your brand.
- Stay away from playlists that are relevant for a short time.
- Think of each playlist as a listening experience, not just a list of songs.
- Lead with a breakout hit or a big song to grab the listener’s attention.
- If your playlist is dynamic, be consistent with updates (update every Friday for example).
Titling playlists best practices:
- Don’t type titles in all caps.
- Don’t use “Mix” in titles — these are playlists.
- Titles should not exceed 30 characters.
- Don’t put your name or other artist names in the title. Your profile lets the listener know who you are.
- Titles should grab people's attention and be intuitive at a glance. They should clearly communicate what the playlist contains.
- Don't use time references, i.e. Best Dance Hits March
Description tips & best practices:
- All text should be written in complete sentences.
- Don’t use all caps, ampersands, or exclamation points.
- Genre names should not be capitalized unless they’re in titles.
- Don’t include artist names.
- Descriptions should not exceed 65 characters.