Expenses are costs associated with a particular release and typically cover things like mastering fees, remix fees, promotion costs etc. These costs should be added to the related Single, EP or Album in order to account for them accordingly when issuing statements to Licensors.
To add expenses to your release complete the following steps -
1. Select "Release Management -> Release List" on the top menu
2. Select your release from the List
3. On the "Release Details" screen, click on the "Expenses" tab on the right hand side of the screen
4. Click "New Expense"
5. Enter a "Description" for the expense (This will appear on the Licensors statement)
6. Specify a "Date" that the expense took place
7. Select an "Expense Type" category from the list
8. Select "Whole Release" or the specific track the expense relates to from the "Accounting Track" field
Note - If you select a specific "Accounting Track" the system will account that expense to statements where that specific track is accountable only. If you select "Whole Release" the expense will be proportionately accounted across all tracks on that release.
9. Enter the "Item Value"
10. Enter an "Expense Quantity"
11. Check the "Expense Total" is correct (adjust if required)
12. Click the "Save" button and your new expense will appear in the list.
Note - Expenses that you enter will lock preventing further edits as soon as they are included on a Licensors statement