You should only use this method of entering download sales into Royalty Worx if you do not have a statement that you can import from. The most common use for this method is if you offer downloads from your website and you need to account for them.
NOTE: If you have a statement from a store and you need to import this please see this help article How do I import sales from the stores I deal with directly?
To enter sales from the downloads complete the following steps:
1. Select "Royalty->Simple Sales Entry" from the Top menu
Default Simple Sales Entry Screen
2. Select the "Licensee" from the drop down field
Note - If you do not have any Licensees created then read this article - How do I create a New Licensee?. If you have sold many download to multiple customers through your website it may be easier to just create 1 Licensor called "Website Sales".
3. Specify "Your Document Number" if applicable. This would typically be your invoice number to the Licensee.
4. Specify the "Sales Date" as the date of the actual sale
5. Select the "Store" from the drop down list if applicable
6. Select "Downloads" from the "Sales Type" field
7. Select the "Format" that is applicable to the sale
8. Select your "Album, EP or Single" using the "Release" field
9. Select the "Track" from the release (if required)
10. Enter the "Quantity" of downloads / streams
11. Enter the "Unit Value" that each one was sold for
Note - If you do not have any Licensees created then read this article - How do I create a New Licensee?. It
10. Click "Save"
This sale will now be entered into your Royalty database and will be available to view via "Royalty->Sales Reporting".