Every track in your catalogue should be accounted to one or more Licensors. If a track sells, somebody is going to need to get paid for it somewhere along the line. We therefore created an "Unallocated Tracks" module for identifying those tracks that are not currently linked to a "Contract In".
To view the "Unallocated Tracks" in your catalogue select "Royalty -> Maintenance -> Unallocated Tracks" from the top menu.
From the "Unallocated Tracks" screen it is possible to "Add To New" or "Add To Existing".
Note - If you wish to hide a track for your "Unallocated Tracks" list you can click "hide". This function is useful if the track will never be used for a contract or compilation. These "hidden" tracks can always be recalled by ticking the "Show Hidden" checkbox at the top of the list.
Add To New
When you click "Add To New" next to a track the system assumes you want to create a new "Contract In" and add this track (or the release it is from) to it.
1. Use the "Release" or "Track" radio button to decide if you want to add just this track or the release it is from to a new "Contract In"
2. The "Contract Name" is pre-written but change this if you wish
3. The "Contract Reference" is pre-written but change this if you wish
4. Select the "Contract Template" to duplicate for this new contract
5. Click the "Save" button to create a new contract in the background and hide the tracks from the list
5. Click the "Save and Go" button to create a new contract and then open that contract on your screen
Add To Existing
When you click "Add To Existing" next to a track the system assumes you want to add this track to an existing "Contract In".
1. Search for your "Contract In" and select it using via the "Existing Contract" field
2. If this track should be accounted at the "In House" rate tick the checkbox
3. Click the "Save" button and this track will disappear from the "Unallocated Tracks" list