Label Worx watermarking is a method of injecting a unique code into every audio file downloaded from our promo system. This gives you the ability to identify a particular file and who downloaded it, in the event your promo is leaked onto the internet.
You will be able to identify the exact DJ / Recipient on your promo list and take the appropriate action.
Note - If you enable watermarking on your promo campaigns we recommend that you do not inform your recipients that you done this. Experience has proved that the best way of catching "leakers" is to handle these things discretely.
Enabling Watermarking on your Account
To enable watermark on your Label Worx account complete the following steps -
1. Select "Settings" on the top menu
2. Select "Promotion Settings" tab
3. Check the "Enable Watermarking" checkbox
4. Click the "Apply" button to save
Watermarking will now be enabled on your account.
Enabling Watermarking on your Promo Campaign
Once you have enabled watermarking in your settings, you also need to enable watermarking on your Promo Campaign before you send it out.
To do this complete the following -
1. Select "Promotion -> Promo Sender" on the top menu
2. Select your "Release" from the list
3. Tick "Enable Track Watermarking" under "Campaign Settings"
4. Select the "Recipients" or "Promo List" to send your promo to
5. Click and "Accept" the "Terms & Conditions" at the top bottom of the screen
6. Click the "Send" button on your icon menu
Watermarking on your campaign will now be enabled.
Note - Label Worx watermarking injects a code into every audio file downloaded "on the fly". This can cause a few seconds delay from when the DJ clicks download to the download starting
Article is closed for comments.