To switch a label to Label Worx from another distributor, you first need to get confirmation from your old distributor that you are free to leave. Your old distributor will need to approve the switch at the stores, so if you are still under contract with them and they don't approve the switch, the stores will not switch the label.
If you already have a distribution account with Label Worx, you can add the new label to your existing account. This Knowledge Base article will explain how:
If you do not have a distribution account with Label Worx, please fill out this Distribution offer form and we will be in touch regarding an account upgrade: Distribution Offer Request
Once the above steps have been completed, please proceed with the following:
- Get a confirmed date from your old distributor of a date you are free to switch
- Return your "Transfer Sheet", this Knowledge Base article will explain further:
What is the transferring releases Excel sheet for?
- Upload your back catalogue to the system. If you have a lot of back catalogue, it is best to use our "Bulk Import" tool, this KB article will explain how: Can I import releases into the system from a file? You may be able to ask your old distributor for a metadata export to help with this
- Request Approval on your label around 2 weeks before the agreed switch date, you can request approval by going to "Labels" -> "Record Labels " -> "Request Approval" within our system
- Once your label is approved, you will be able to finalise your back catalogue. We recommend finalising the catalogue around a week before the agreed switch date, this allows time for re-delivery to avoid downtime on your releases.
This KB article will explain how to finalise your releases: How do I submit my release for distribution? Once your releases are final please contact us via our Request Form so we can prioritise the approval.
Note: You must finalise your back catalogue with the original release dates, original EAN / UPC codes and original ISRC codes, as this will retain store stats and playlist inclusions.