To create a release, follow these steps:
1. Select "Release Management -> New Release" on the top menu
2. Type in your release artist (if the artist already exists you can select them from the list, if they do not exist they will be created)
3. Type the name of the release in the Release Name field
Note - For Single releases the release name should be specified as the name of your track. If the Single contains only a remix then the remix name should also be present in the release name.
Example Single -
Track 1 = "Sun (Original Mix)"
Track 2 = "Sun (Radio Edit)"
Release Name = "Sun"
Example Single 2 -
Track 1 = "Sun (Darkside Remix)"
Release Name = "Sun (Darkside Remix)"
4. Pick a record label that this will be released on
5. Select the relevant release type from the Release Type options at the bottom
Note: Please see below for the correct definitions of the release types.
- Single: A Single is a release that contains a single track but can also contain remixes or different versions of that 1 single track. If a different track is added to the release it becomes an EP
- EP: An EP is a release that contains 2 - 8 tracks from 1 or multiple artists. It can also include remixes or different versions of those tracks.
- Album: An Album is a release that contains any of the following -
1. Over 45 minutes worth of music
2. A continuous DJ mix
3. 8 or more different tracks.
6. Click the "Next" button on the icon menu
Note - If you have signed up for Royalty Worx you may see an additional Create Contract Licensors form if you have created a new artist.
7. You will now be asked to create a track for your release
8. The track artist is copied from the release artist you already entered. Edit this if you wish.
9. The track title is copied from the release name you already entered. Edit this if you wish.
10. If you wish to add a remix artist click "Add Remix Artist" and enter their name.
11. The mix name will automatically be set to "Original Mix". Update this if required.
12. Click the "Next" button on the icon menu
Your release will now be created. If you wish to add further mixes to this release then click the "New Mix" button on the icon menu.
To upload audio for your release, set a genre or change track level metadata click the "Update & Upload Files" link next to your tracks.